Everything I have done today has been to an internal soundtrack by 50 Cent – starting this morning when I realised I was singing “I’m gonna shower, like it’s my birthday!”
Yes. It IS my birthday. And it is a very happy birthday. I’m a very lucky girlie. I have had many, many messages, texts, cards, emails, calls and tweets from lots of lovely people, and The Man made me a gorgeous looking cake late last night…which he then proceeded to tell me I am not allowed to have until today! How unfair is that?!
Anyway, one of my favourite parts of my birthday is opening my card from my mate – who always puts a lot of effort into drawing fantastic little pictures. We get them at Christmas too, but on my birthday they’re especially good. And this year he has outdone himself!
The picture includes:
- Our other mate (who cackles, so has always been depicted as a witch)
- The Man (not dancing, cos he doesn’t – and I told him when we saw Leftfield that I was never going to a gig with him again, LOL)
- Lovebox (as that’s what we always get my mate as HIS birthday pressie, as it’s always on/around his birthday)
- Nouvelle Vague (as we first saw them on Lovebox, and he saw Mélanie Pain with me on Friday)
- Me (depicted as big walking boobs, as always) snorkeling (as that’s all I want to do on my next holiday)
- Garra Rufa fish, as I once suggested he come with me to have his feet nibbled, and he reckoned I’d gone mental and was making it all up
- My cat
- Two people simulating sex in a Biffa wheelie bin as in the play we saw last week – and The Girl looking on, and asking what was happening!
- York & Albany, where he reckoned his scotch egg starter was way too small
- Pizza Express where we were giggling cos I’d told him that all he was allowed to say to the waitress all night was “I’ve got a voucher!” cos we had a voucher for 2 mains for £12 (bargain, aye?!)
- Barbican zombies, as he lives at Barbican, and I mentioned that walking around the High Walkway at night is like being in a zombie video game (like Resi Evil or Left 4 Dead or Dead Rising) cos you see hardly anyone, and then suddenly you spot individuals from a distance and have to make a decision whether they’re good or bad, and whether to shoot them in the head or run away!
I love my card. I will keep it forever. Or at least the picture 😉 Do click on the pic to see the big picture – it’s fab!
I also got a text which was effectively a note from my mum telling my bosses that I mustn’t do too much work today. My boss said “OK”. Which was nice.