Do you ever have fantastic ideas for inventions/businesses etc?
I’ve had a few over the years, but I am never motivated enough to do anything about them. and then someone comes along and has the roughly same idea as me and makes an absolute fortune, LOL.
But then they’ve put the time and effort into seeing it to fruition.
I’m lazy. I like an easy life. I’m prepared to work hard, but not TOO hard. And seeing ‘ideas’ through just seems like a lot of time, effort and even more difficult, money.
So, I go through life thinking “I could’ve done that” whilst someone else actually does it. There’s no such thing as an original idea, and I wonder how many people ‘thought’ of things like Twitter or Facebook but just never got them off the ground.
So, I had an idea yesterday that I think is an absolute stonker – but to be fair, there’s nothing that I could do with it. It would need web-design, database development, a decent marketing budget etc, just to make it real – and I have none of those. All I have is my little idea. That COULD be a big idea. And I don’t want to tell anyone, cos then they might take my idea and make it real. And then I’d be gutted.
Just a normal girl
I recently turned 40 (eek - how did THAT happen?) I'm a Londoner - mother, lover and little kitty owner.
I do the normal London things. I'm really just pretty run-ofthe-mill!
Recently in my head
- londoners: the days & nights of london now – craig taylor
- before the party, almeida theatre
- “confessions” by the maydays, king’s place
- the lives of tao – wesley chu
- a strange inheritance
- broken – daniel clay (audiobook)
- when the devil drives – christopher brookmyre
- village kitchen, e17 (new menu launch)
- Theatre darling. Relatively Speaking :) (@ Wyndham's Theatre) 4sq.com/13IKkTQ 5 hours ago
- I'm listening to Heart of the Congos by The 2 Bears on #CloudPlayer amazon.co.uk/s/ref=cm_sw_r_… via @amazonmp3 6 hours ago
- apparently i'm in the doghouse. apparently I said "Wont be long" over 3 hrs ago. I don't remember that. *hic* @Kate_Bod @psimonk @MrMustard 1 day ago
- Andy has just accused me of "...sounding like Felicity Kendall quite a lot lately..." #wrong #notFelicity #twat 1 day ago
- RT @saveourcinema: Today's expected decision on the EMD has been delayed. The case has still not been fully processed and a decision will b… 1 day ago
- Scary man in Co-op demanded to know what nationality I was. Went off muttering unhappily when I replied "English mate!" 1 day ago
Been In My Head
Months in my head
Things people have said
Most viewed this week
- stella artois' black diamond - part 2
- afternoon tea, podium restaurant, london hilton park lane
- afternoon tea, doubletree by hilton west end
- shows / gigs
- pygmalion, garrick theatre
- the unicorn crisis - jon rosenberg
- marco pierre white ale & steakhouse, e1
- field day 2012
- making life just that little bit sweeter
- reasons to be pretty, almeida theatre
- how many pigs?
- murder on the home front - molly lefebure (audiobook)