It may just be because I am bored, but I have the urge to do something very girlie that I have never done before.
I would like to got with a couple of female friends and learn how to make gorgeous little cupcakes with cutesie frosting, or perfect little macarons of various flavours.
I’m not a baker. I’m a pretty bloody good cook, but can’t follow recipes generally, and the science of baking has always totally freaked me out – it’s so damn precise. And I don’t do precise. I guess I’m a natural rebel.
But gorgeous little cupcakes are just…well, gorgeous. And macarons are just so delicate and perfect looking in their awesome yummy sandwichness.
The trouble is that I believe it’s pretty expensive to go to a macaron making class – the only ones I know of are at the wonderful L’atelier des chefs, that I went to last month (and loved!!) but I wasn’t paying, and the macaron making classes are every saturday, but cost £72!! And they always seem to be sold out well in advance, so they must be popular!
Cupcakes would be my second choice, but I wouldn’t even know where to start looking for classes.
If I had a bigger kitchen, I would suggest my friends coming round to me and us just making them from recipes, but it’s not an option. I have a galley kitchen that is a squeeze to get two people into – not really good for a ‘class’.
I think I need friends with big kitchens…which I’m probably not really going to get in London, LOL.
Anyway – if anyone knows of decent, reasonably-priced macaron classes, or even cupcake decorating classes – please do let me know!
Just a normal girl
I recently turned 40 (eek - how did THAT happen?) I'm a Londoner - mother, lover and little kitty owner.
I do the normal London things. I'm really just pretty run-ofthe-mill!
Recently in my head
- Reliving old memories :) (@ Wong Kei) 4sq.com/17neb8R 5 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham bit.ly/102lDAI 11 hours ago
- Ugh! I so wish I liked Empire :( facebook.com/EmpireCinemasW… 13 hours ago
- The child's annoyed with ME as she's annoyed with all humanity.Apparently if bubonic plague broke out, it would be all her fault! #teendrama 1 day ago
- RT @jaseellis: I concur :-) @exceptionalfood: Pig Good yfrog.com/j2mxkdtj #PantryChat 1 day ago
- Came home from book club and told Andy that I have totally been put off getting married now. #allemmasfault @emmylouscutt ;) x 1 day ago
- Ahem @goodwin71 they are selling Lyons Arctic Roll in the shop without a door. £1.60 ;) @Natdimaggio 1 day ago
- Thanks for the messages etc about my blog post. Wasn't looking for sympathy xx. the nigella and saatchi thing bit.ly/11MytjQ 1 day ago
- Is it wrong that it doesn't bother me that my daughter misbehaves as much as it bothers me that she can't hide her tracks? 1 day ago
Been In My Head
Months in my head
Things people have said
Most viewed this week
- the nigella and saatchi thing
- afternoon tea, podium restaurant, london hilton park lane
- village kitchen, e17 (new menu launch)
- 0.4 - mike lancaster
- gin and tonic sorbet
- afternoon tea, waldorf hotel
- tasty fried wedding
- the girl with glass feet - ali shaw
- invitation to die - helen smith
- a strange inheritance