I have not set foot outside the flat since I did my leg in on Wednesday night!
I’m not in constant pain any more, which is good, and I can now get the ball of my foot down when walking – which is better progress than I had hoped for! However, trying to get my whole foot flat on the floor is excruciating – and doing the calf muscle stretches that my mate explained to me is just as painful.
So – walking further than the distance from my bedroom to my bathroom is rather a no-no at the moment – especially considering the moment when boredom made me think it would be great to engage in ‘bedroom activities’ and that only ended in severe pain – I’m feeling a little wary just now of over-doing it!
There are only so many episodes of 30 Rock I can watch – in fact I proved that yesterday by watching the whole of Series 3, so I literally don’t have any episodes that I haven’t seen now! And the sheer number of Valentine’s comments, applications etc on Facebook turned me off of there, and my emails are full of bloody Valentine’s too….well, not literally bloody Valentine’s – although I DID go and see that film with my mates for a laugh in 3D. It was dreadful, as was to be expected.
Anyway – I’ve already said how I feel about Valentine’s Day, although The Girl did make a Valentine’s card for The Man, which was really sweet. Especially the ‘explanation’ that she gave me for it “I made it for him, and not for you because Mother’s Day comes before Father’s Day, so you’ll be getting another card sooner than he will!” See – she thinks these things through!
The Girl is at her dad’s this weekend, which is probably why I’m so bored. If she was here, she’d be entertaining me which is what she does best. At least she’s on half term now, so she’ll be around tomorrow and I can play games with her and watch films, and she can make me tea! Hurrah!
On Tuesday, my boss will actually be back from his long weekend break, and I am hoping that my leg will have healed enough for me to get back into the office, and I’m also hoping that I’ll be able to sit down at the London Bloggers Meet on Wednesday night, and make everyone interesting come over and talk to me
I’m not very nice when I’m whingey. I apologise for this moany entry. If anyone has any ideas for entertainment…
Just a normal girl
I recently turned 40 (eek - how did THAT happen?) I'm a Londoner - mother, lover and little kitty owner.
I do the normal London things. I'm really just pretty run-ofthe-mill!
- Waiting for the Mexican wrestling to begin (@ Southwark Playhouse) [pic]: 4sq.com/12vdYtc 9 hours ago
- Obviously the sign writers in St Austell don't take heed of their own warnings! twitpic.com/csd3a3 17 hours ago
- Theatre darling. Relatively Speaking :) (@ Wyndham's Theatre) 4sq.com/13IKkTQ 1 day ago
- I'm listening to Heart of the Congos by The 2 Bears on #CloudPlayer amazon.co.uk/s/ref=cm_sw_r_… via @amazonmp3 1 day ago
- apparently i'm in the doghouse. apparently I said "Wont be long" over 3 hrs ago. I don't remember that. *hic* @Kate_Bod @psimonk @MrMustard 2 days ago
- Andy has just accused me of "...sounding like Felicity Kendall quite a lot lately..." #wrong #notFelicity #twat 2 days ago
- RT @saveourcinema: Today's expected decision on the EMD has been delayed. The case has still not been fully processed and a decision will b… 2 days ago
Been In My Head
Months in my head
Things people have said
Most viewed this week
- afternoon tea, podium restaurant, london hilton park lane
- bright young things - scarlett thomas
- hakkasan, mayfair
- "afternoon" tea, caffe concerto, tott crt rd
- field day 2012
- about me
- the great scone debate
- south of the river, blake morrison
- a strange inheritance
- how many pigs?
- my broken baby
- foreign language films