…year that is.
Monday was my birthday, and I ‘celebrated’ it by being ill. Oh yes, I did the whole snot, cough and ache thing that had been threatening for a few days, but that I thought I had kept at bay. I think it’s mainly where I’d not been sleeping, and so got a bit run down and couldn’t fight it off any more.
So, as per my last post, my friends took me for dinner on Saturday night which was gorgeous, and then I met up with The Man again in the pub, where I’d left him about 3 1/2 hours beforehand! I got to see some of our other friends, and then came home.
I had an awful night’s sleep and got up about 5am on Sunday feeling decidedly miserable and runny (ewww!) which lasted all day, so not surprisingly I didn’t do much, except watch TV and annoy The Man, waiting for The Girl to come home from her dad’s. Then we all watched Survivors that we’d V+’ed (The Girl LOVES it for some reason – although the two of us watched Total Wipeout straight after, at which she collapses into fits of hysterics).
I hardly slept Sunday night as I couldn’t breathe, and got up at 4am…although I had to wait until the other two were up to open all the cards and pressies I’d accumulated! I spoke to my boss who said “Ewwww” when I coughed over the phone at him, and told me to stay away until I wasn’t coughing. I then got an email from him a couple of hours later saying “I forgot to say happy birthday, we’ll take you to lunch when you’re feeling better”…how sweet
I sat on the sofa and watched TV and played online and was swamped with happy birthdays from my mates, which was lovely, and The Man made me a gorgeous dinner, and also a butterscotch birthday cake, which was totally scrummy! I even had happy birthday sung to me FOUR TIMES, inc from Florida and Australia, which was lovely.
The day passed nicely, but quite unbirthday-like…but I have my big drinks do on Saturday, which a lot of my friends are coming to, so THAT is when it will feel like my birthday
Just a normal girl
I recently turned 40 (eek - how did THAT happen?) I'm a Londoner - mother, lover and little kitty owner.
I do the normal London things. I'm really just pretty run-ofthe-mill!
Recently in my head
- londoners: the days & nights of london now – craig taylor
- before the party, almeida theatre
- “confessions” by the maydays, king’s place
- the lives of tao – wesley chu
- a strange inheritance
- broken – daniel clay (audiobook)
- when the devil drives – christopher brookmyre
- village kitchen, e17 (new menu launch)
- apparently i'm in the doghouse. apparently I said "Wont be long" over 3 hrs ago. I don't remember that. *hic* @Kate_Bod @psimonk @MrMustard 17 hours ago
- Andy has just accused me of "...sounding like Felicity Kendall quite a lot lately..." #wrong #notFelicity #twat 20 hours ago
- RT @saveourcinema: Today's expected decision on the EMD has been delayed. The case has still not been fully processed and a decision will b… 20 hours ago
- Scary man in Co-op demanded to know what nationality I was. Went off muttering unhappily when I replied "English mate!" 1 day ago
- RT @esther_freeman: @eastendlass Know any Will Morris residents interested in free half term event teaching kids to make computer games? De… 1 day ago
- Still trying to work out why an author whose book I slated has asked me twice already to review his new one! 1 day ago
Been In My Head
Months in my head
Things people have said
Most viewed this week
- londoners: the days & nights of london now - craig taylor
- stella artois' black diamond - part 2
- afternoon tea at the montcalm
- murder on the home front - molly lefebure (audiobook)
- afternoon tea, doubletree by hilton west end
- foreign language films
- a strange inheritance
- despicable me
- afternoon tea, podium restaurant, london hilton park lane
- making life just that little bit sweeter
- the unicorn crisis - jon rosenberg