I am never really sure what to write when people ask about me. In a nutshell, I’m a Londoner who has just turned 40 (eek!!). I’m a mother, lover, blogger and have two litle kitties.
I don’t think life is there to be taken too seriously, I think it’s just a warm-up for the real game.
Random things about me
- I don’t have a drop of English blood in my veins, and yet I see myself as English through and through.
- I was married at 19. I was married again at 27. I didn’t get married at 35, so I have stopped a pattern forming.
- I have a chorizo addiction.
- My grandad lived until he was 92. My nan was 95. My gran is 96. I am scared I am destined to live this long.
- My feet are really big.
- I have two kittens that are occasionally cute but can’t live up to the memory of my fab cat who was ace and caught rats right up til the day before she died at 22!
- When I really need to think, I sit next to water. More a lake or sea than a bath or sink though.
- I was in my last job for 17 years and was worried that I would never leave.
- I spent a few months as a chat line operator (I’ve got the voice for it).
- I’m scared of new people. I’ll meet them, but I’ll be weird the first couple of times
- My daughter is the best entertainment I’ve ever had.
- Where I live is the only place I have ever felt is ‘home’.
- I have been in love twice. (Neither have ever been my husband).
- I find people fascinating, and often conduct drunken amateur psychology sessions at parties.
- You will always find packets of Super Noodles in my cupboard.
- I left school at 16. I don’t regret this.
- I’m impatient and have a short attention span. This is why I left school at 16.
- I always wanted 2 or 4 children – but unfortunately couldn’t have any more after The Girl. So she’s special
- I once got a big smacker from Jimmy Hill.
- My two favourite friends ever both live in Australia now. I’ve never quite felt that I have ‘belonged’ since they left.