something happened yesterday
I am on call all this weekend, which has been a great excuse to NOT do anything about something that was happening in London yesterday.
I have managed to avoid all things Royal Wedding, which has made me a VERY happy girlie indeed. And what is making me EVEN happier, is the fact that the media (both commerical and social) can just go back to normal – hurrah! I no longer have to cringe while I read or listen to anything at all!!
I have managed not to see the dress, not to see anyone’s outfit, not to see the apparently ridiculous hat that one of the Fergie princess’ was wearing, not see Fearne Cotton and not see how miserable they were looking – but unfortunatekly, I have obviouslymanaged to HEAR about all these things, thanks to Twitter & Facebook!
No, I am not miserable (as I said, I am actually very happy indeed – I will get extra money for having been on call for an extra Bank Holiday day, so thanks for that royalies) - and I wish them all the luck, just like I would with anyone getting married (with a few exceptions), but I couldn’t give a toss about the royals, and I don’t ‘do’ weddings generally. Although at least it was probably more interesting than when Charlie-boy married that God-awful bint 30 years ago!
Anyway, tomorrow night, I get to go to a party, which I am really looking forward to – and has nothing to do with any of it at all. Yay!!
Oh yes, and I finally finished watching Season 2 of House, so I can drag my arse into 2007!
I love comments and will generally answer any that are left - so please do leave one! Cancel reply
Just a normal girl
I recently turned 40 (eek - how did THAT happen?) I'm a Londoner - mother, lover and little kitty owner.
I do the normal London things. I'm really just pretty run-ofthe-mill!
Recently in my head
- The child's annoyed with ME as she's annoyed with all humanity.Apparently if bubonic plague broke out, it would be all her fault! #teendrama 12 hours ago
- RT @jaseellis: I concur :-) @exceptionalfood: Pig Good yfrog.com/j2mxkdtj #PantryChat 12 hours ago
- Came home from book club and told Andy that I have totally been put off getting married now. #allemmasfault @emmylouscutt ;) x 12 hours ago
- Ahem @goodwin71 they are selling Lyons Arctic Roll in the shop without a door. £1.60 ;) @Natdimaggio 12 hours ago
- Thanks for the messages etc about my blog post. Wasn't looking for sympathy xx. the nigella and saatchi thing bit.ly/11MytjQ 15 hours ago
- Is it wrong that it doesn't bother me that my daughter misbehaves as much as it bothers me that she can't hide her tracks? 16 hours ago
- The London Overground really is a playground for serial frotting. I love the line but in rush hour it's a nightmare #violated 16 hours ago
Been In My Head
Months in my head
Things people have said
Most viewed this week
- the nigella and saatchi thing
- afternoon tea, podium restaurant, london hilton park lane
- afternoon tea, doubletree by hilton west end
- despicable me
- afternoon tea at the montcalm
- not such a little girl now
- hakkasan, mayfair
- bright young things - scarlett thomas
- who hit me? erm...ouch!!!
- a strange inheritance