Well, that is certainly what I am going to be doing when I get home tonight!
Perhaps I should capitalise and expand. I am going to be ordering (and then getting) something from Naked Wines.
I was a little skeptical, not being a wine buff, especially as I attended a wine-tasting a few years ago with a friend, and it was extremely poncey. AND we had to spit the wine out, which I hate – if I like a wine, I want to drink it – isn’t that the point of it? how can I taste it better if I spit it out? how will I know if I want to drink a whole bottle?
Anyway, I got a chance to sit down and chat to Rowan from Naked Wines, before he did his big speech about it, and also to a couple of their other guys. all of them seemed very passionate, very knowledgeable and just totally nice people. I love their ethos – supporting independent wine-makers, only supplying wine to be drunk (not stored and looking pretty), and having checked out their website, I love the way that it’s all written in plain English, as an equal (not as a poncey wine company).
And the wines were bloody nice too!
We got to quaff (as much as we liked!) a choice of 16 wines – 8 white and 8 reds…and I’m sure there were some bottles of lager or something on ice on one side. the wines were arranged in ascending order of ‘fullness’ and nobody tried to point out the ‘gooseberry undertones’ or ‘essence of fresh hay’ or anything like that. The guys could talk more in-depth about each of the wines if pushed – but if you wanted to just try and enjoy, they didn’t force anything on you! I so loved that.
There were quite a few that I really liked, but my absolute favourite was (surprisingly) a white – and not just cos of the fantastic name – Ladies Who Shoot Their Lunch Chardonnay 2009. it was totally gorgeous – surprisingly smokey, and just made me conjure up images of open fires and (dare I say it) Christmas! it was a white wine for red wine lovers!
We had all put in our charity nominations, as they did a draw and were giving a case of wine to the drawee’s charity to raffle off to raise funds, whuch was a nice touch. And then (even better) we ALL got a code entitling us to order £80 of wine from their site – with no minimum spend. £80 of free wine (on top of the couple of bottle’s worth that I probably got through last night…)
I am most definitely spreading the word – and spreading the love…Naked Wines – you’re the best, and I am sure that I will soon be a very happy customer.
I love comments and will generally answer any that are left - so please do leave one! Cancel reply
Just a normal girl
I recently turned 40 (eek - how did THAT happen?) I'm a Londoner - mother, lover and little kitty owner.
I do the normal London things. I'm really just pretty run-ofthe-mill!
Recently in my head
- londoners: the days & nights of london now – craig taylor
- before the party, almeida theatre
- “confessions” by the maydays, king’s place
- the lives of tao – wesley chu
- a strange inheritance
- broken – daniel clay (audiobook)
- when the devil drives – christopher brookmyre
- village kitchen, e17 (new menu launch)
- I was in bed by 9 last night # rocknroll 9 hours ago
- RT @saveourcinema: UCKG appeal dismissed and planning permissions refused! WFCT plans show "more regenerative benefit". Great news! 1 day ago
- Waiting for the Mexican wrestling to begin (@ Southwark Playhouse) [pic]: 4sq.com/12vdYtc 1 day ago
- Obviously the sign writers in St Austell don't take heed of their own warnings! twitpic.com/csd3a3 2 days ago
- Theatre darling. Relatively Speaking :) (@ Wyndham's Theatre) 4sq.com/13IKkTQ 2 days ago
- I'm listening to Heart of the Congos by The 2 Bears on #CloudPlayer amazon.co.uk/s/ref=cm_sw_r_… via @amazonmp3 2 days ago
- apparently i'm in the doghouse. apparently I said "Wont be long" over 3 hrs ago. I don't remember that. *hic* @Kate_Bod @psimonk @MrMustard 3 days ago
- Andy has just accused me of "...sounding like Felicity Kendall quite a lot lately..." #wrong #notFelicity #twat 3 days ago
- RT @saveourcinema: Today's expected decision on the EMD has been delayed. The case has still not been fully processed and a decision will b… 3 days ago
Been In My Head
Months in my head
Things people have said
Most viewed this week
- field day 2012
- afternoon tea, podium restaurant, london hilton park lane
- sixty-one nails - mike shevdon
- not such a little girl now
- before the party, almeida theatre
- foreign language films
- murder in mumbai - k d calamur
- borgen, series 1 - denmark (first thoughts)
- scared of the grown ups
- afternoon tea, doubletree by hilton west end
- 2013 book list
- my broken baby