I have not set foot outside the flat since I did my leg in on Wednesday night!
I’m not in constant pain any more, which is good, and I can now get the ball of my foot down when walking – which is better progress than I had hoped for! However, trying to get my whole foot flat on the floor is excruciating – and doing the calf muscle stretches that my mate explained to me is just as painful.
So – walking further than the distance from my bedroom to my bathroom is rather a no-no at the moment – especially considering the moment when boredom made me think it would be great to engage in ‘bedroom activities’ and that only ended in severe pain – I’m feeling a little wary just now of over-doing it!
There are only so many episodes of 30 Rock I can watch – in fact I proved that yesterday by watching the whole of Series 3, so I literally don’t have any episodes that I haven’t seen now! And the sheer number of Valentine’s comments, applications etc on Facebook turned me off of there, and my emails are full of bloody Valentine’s too….well, not literally bloody Valentine’s – although I DID go and see that film with my mates for a laugh in 3D. It was dreadful, as was to be expected.
Anyway – I’ve already said how I feel about Valentine’s Day, although The Girl did make a Valentine’s card for The Man, which was really sweet. Especially the ‘explanation’ that she gave me for it “I made it for him, and not for you because Mother’s Day comes before Father’s Day, so you’ll be getting another card sooner than he will!” See – she thinks these things through!
The Girl is at her dad’s this weekend, which is probably why I’m so bored. If she was here, she’d be entertaining me which is what she does best. At least she’s on half term now, so she’ll be around tomorrow and I can play games with her and watch films, and she can make me tea! Hurrah!
On Tuesday, my boss will actually be back from his long weekend break, and I am hoping that my leg will have healed enough for me to get back into the office, and I’m also hoping that I’ll be able to sit down at the London Bloggers Meet on Wednesday night, and make everyone interesting come over and talk to me
I’m not very nice when I’m whingey. I apologise for this moany entry. If anyone has any ideas for entertainment…
I love comments and will generally answer any that are left - so please do leave one! Cancel reply
Just a normal girl
I recently turned 40 (eek - how did THAT happen?) I'm a Londoner - mother, lover and little kitty owner.
I do the normal London things. I'm really just pretty run-ofthe-mill!
Recently in my head
- Reliving old memories :) (@ Wong Kei) 4sq.com/17neb8R 8 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham bit.ly/102lDAI 14 hours ago
- Ugh! I so wish I liked Empire :( facebook.com/EmpireCinemasW… 16 hours ago
- The child's annoyed with ME as she's annoyed with all humanity.Apparently if bubonic plague broke out, it would be all her fault! #teendrama 1 day ago
- RT @jaseellis: I concur :-) @exceptionalfood: Pig Good yfrog.com/j2mxkdtj #PantryChat 1 day ago
- Came home from book club and told Andy that I have totally been put off getting married now. #allemmasfault @emmylouscutt ;) x 1 day ago
- Ahem @goodwin71 they are selling Lyons Arctic Roll in the shop without a door. £1.60 ;) @Natdimaggio 1 day ago
- Thanks for the messages etc about my blog post. Wasn't looking for sympathy xx. the nigella and saatchi thing bit.ly/11MytjQ 1 day ago
- Is it wrong that it doesn't bother me that my daughter misbehaves as much as it bothers me that she can't hide her tracks? 1 day ago
Been In My Head
Months in my head
Things people have said
Most viewed this week
- afternoon tea, podium restaurant, london hilton park lane
- the nigella and saatchi thing
- village kitchen, e17 (new menu launch)
- tasty fried wedding
- baby sensory group, walthamstow
- le bouchon breton, old spitalfields market
- afternoon tea at the montcalm
- gin and tonic sorbet
- a strange inheritance
- 0.4 - mike lancaster