the night that was
What with everything going on this week, I haven’t mentioned what an absolutely bloody fantastic night I had on Saturday to celebrate my birthday!
I’m one of these people who is a ‘nervous organiser’, and every time I arrange something, it seems to go well, and then I wonder why I was ever worried…but I’ll feel the same the next time.
People DO tend to come along on my birthday, and for the past 6 years or so, I’ve arranged to meet on the Saturday nearest to it and met up at a Wetherspoons bar in Angel as there are a few people that come from outside London and come into Euston, so it’s easy – and Wetherspoons are cheap!! Which is great for alcoholics!
I actually had my hand forced as to when I was celebrating my birthday as I would’ve had it the weekend before, as it was closer, but loads of my mates informed me that my birthday was always ‘the first weekend in February’ and that they’d saved the date. Which through me!
Over 25 people turned up, which was fab as a few (as always) had dropped out on the day, and I was having jitters as usual that noone was really going to turn up. It was also great as a lot of my friends hadn’t seen each other for ages, and were happy to see each other again, and also that I had a couple of ‘new people’ that I introduced into my fold and who seemed to fit in really well!
It always amuses people though that a lot of my closest friends, I met 7 1/2 years ago on a dating site. And my oldest close friend (longest-standing, not literally the oldest!) I met on the CB radio when I was 17! I got a text from one of the ‘new into the fold’ friends (who I met on an application in Facebook of all places!) that said “I really liked CB woman and CB woman’s bf” which amused me
I had a fantastic time, I met a couple of new people, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. And as this is my year of getting back to my social self, I am considering just having a random meet at the end of April or something to bring everyone together again
I love comments and will generally answer any that are left - so please do leave one! Cancel reply
Just a normal girl
I recently turned 40 (eek - how did THAT happen?) I'm a Londoner - mother, lover and little kitty owner.
I do the normal London things. I'm really just pretty run-ofthe-mill!
Recently in my head
- londoners: the days & nights of london now – craig taylor
- before the party, almeida theatre
- “confessions” by the maydays, king’s place
- the lives of tao – wesley chu
- a strange inheritance
- broken – daniel clay (audiobook)
- when the devil drives – christopher brookmyre
- village kitchen, e17 (new menu launch)
- apparently i'm in the doghouse. apparently I said "Wont be long" over 3 hrs ago. I don't remember that. *hic* @Kate_Bod @psimonk @MrMustard 6 hours ago
- Andy has just accused me of "...sounding like Felicity Kendall quite a lot lately..." #wrong #notFelicity #twat 10 hours ago
- RT @saveourcinema: Today's expected decision on the EMD has been delayed. The case has still not been fully processed and a decision will b… 10 hours ago
- Scary man in Co-op demanded to know what nationality I was. Went off muttering unhappily when I replied "English mate!" 15 hours ago
- RT @esther_freeman: @eastendlass Know any Will Morris residents interested in free half term event teaching kids to make computer games? De… 15 hours ago
- Still trying to work out why an author whose book I slated has asked me twice already to review his new one! 1 day ago
Been In My Head
Months in my head
Things people have said
Most viewed this week
- londoners: the days & nights of london now - craig taylor
- afternoon tea at the montcalm
- murder on the home front - molly lefebure (audiobook)
- a strange inheritance
- foreign language films
- making life just that little bit sweeter
- "afternoon" tea, caffe concerto, tott crt rd
- marco pierre white ale & steakhouse, e1
- despicable me
- mums like us - laura kemp
- afternoon tea, podium restaurant, london hilton park lane