back to life, back to reality
The last few weeks have been really odd. Not going into the office, not getting much work at all, The Girl not around, The Girl not at school when she came back, and then all of us stuck indoors cos of the snow. Add on to that seeing family, catching up with friends, presents, theatre, me and The Man getting colds, the whole Christmas and New Year thing and the lack of decent TV it’s been a very strange time.
So I’m actually really looking forward to going back into work tomorrow. I DO so like a bit of routine. Not TOO much routine, but enough to make me feel comfortable. I miss having a decent amount of work to really get my teeth into. This year is going to be a busy one and I’m looking forward to it!
The Girl is SO happy that she’ll be able to go to school tomorrow. She’s only had half a day back, and there were only 7 of her class in (lazy buggers!). The Girl loves school. I have forced that into her by making her life such a misery at home that she’s just ecstatic to be away from me!
I’ve actually got a busy week this week, not only have I got to get used to doing a full day’s work every day for a whole week (eek!! the trauma!!) but I’ve also got my work’s christmas do (we decided to have it late – cheaper, so we can aford more booze!) AND I’ve decided to go to the London blog meet up that chopandcut suggested to me. This is the first step in my determined effort to be more sociable this year that I mentioned last week. I am dead dead nervous, and probably wont speak to anyone but hell, it’s a start!!
I love comments and will generally answer any that are left - so please do leave one! Cancel reply
Just a normal girl
I recently turned 40 (eek - how did THAT happen?) I'm a Londoner - mother, lover and little kitty owner.
I do the normal London things. I'm really just pretty run-ofthe-mill!
Recently in my head
- londoners: the days & nights of london now – craig taylor
- before the party, almeida theatre
- “confessions” by the maydays, king’s place
- the lives of tao – wesley chu
- a strange inheritance
- broken – daniel clay (audiobook)
- when the devil drives – christopher brookmyre
- village kitchen, e17 (new menu launch)
- RT @saveourcinema: UCKG appeal dismissed and planning permissions refused! WFCT plans show "more regenerative benefit". Great news! 4 hours ago
- Waiting for the Mexican wrestling to begin (@ Southwark Playhouse) [pic]: 4sq.com/12vdYtc 23 hours ago
- Obviously the sign writers in St Austell don't take heed of their own warnings! twitpic.com/csd3a3 1 day ago
- Theatre darling. Relatively Speaking :) (@ Wyndham's Theatre) 4sq.com/13IKkTQ 2 days ago
- I'm listening to Heart of the Congos by The 2 Bears on #CloudPlayer amazon.co.uk/s/ref=cm_sw_r_… via @amazonmp3 2 days ago
- apparently i'm in the doghouse. apparently I said "Wont be long" over 3 hrs ago. I don't remember that. *hic* @Kate_Bod @psimonk @MrMustard 2 days ago
- Andy has just accused me of "...sounding like Felicity Kendall quite a lot lately..." #wrong #notFelicity #twat 3 days ago
- RT @saveourcinema: Today's expected decision on the EMD has been delayed. The case has still not been fully processed and a decision will b… 3 days ago
Been In My Head
Months in my head
Things people have said
Most viewed this week
- afternoon tea, podium restaurant, london hilton park lane
- field day 2012
- bright young things - scarlett thomas
- hakkasan, mayfair
- foreign language films
- afternoon tea at the montcalm
- "afternoon" tea, caffe concerto, tott crt rd
- all around me are familiar faces...
- borgen, series 1 - denmark (first thoughts)
- murder in mumbai - k d calamur
- not such a little girl now
- a strange inheritance